Spotlight Test 2 (Module 2) + KEY to test — цитаты Теста № 2 с ответами из сборника контрольных заданий УМК по английскому языку серии «Английский в фокусе» для учащихся 9 класса общеобразовательных организаций. Авторы: Ю.Е. Ваулина и др./ М.: Просвещение
Spotlight Test 2 (Module 2) ОТВЕТЫ
A Complete the sentences using the appropriate verb from the list below in the correct form.
1 The only thing left to do is……………. the furniture, and then the house will be ready for tonight’s party. ( • dust)
2 You can’t ……………….. the washing now. It’s raining and all the clothes will get wet. ( • hang out)
3 Timmy likes helping around the house, but he hates having to ………………….. the rubbish out every night. ( • take)
4 Take off your shoes before going into the kitchen; Mum has just ……………… the floor. ( • mop )
5 I don’t know how Samantha manages to …………….. the ironing so fast; it takes me an hour just to iron two shirts! ( • do)
6 Messy people find it difficult to ………………… their rooms tidy. ( • keep)
7 Pamela always ………………. her bed as soon as she gets up in the morning. ( • make)
В Underline the correct item.
8 Jenny would like a house with a crowded / spacious study where she can put her big desk and her two big bookcases.
9 Dan’s muscles relaxed / went soft after his accident, as he was unable to exercise for months.
10 Of all the housework / household chores, doing the dishes is the one Jenny hates most.
11 David was tired of the noise and pollution of the big city, so he decided to move to a small, isolated / industrialtown in the countryside.
12 Mrs Finch is very arrogant / nosy; she always peeps at us from behind the curtains to see what we’re doing in the garden.
13 Astronauts who work on the International Space Station use a(n) airless / vacuum hose to wash with.
14 Ian isn’t a very sociable / silly person, as he’s not very comfortable with meeting new people.
15 Peter and Frank play football at their local football hall / pitch every day.
16 Deforestation and the effects of tourism on natural habitats are two of the reasons why many plant and animal species are in danger of becoming extinct / destroyed.
17 Objects in space float because of the lack / zero of gravity.
18 The astronauts who work on the International Space Station make / do a lot of experiments.
C. Complete the sentences using the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
19. Do you mind ……getting……… (get) off the phone? I need to make a call.
20. Sam avoids …….shopping……. (shop) at the corner shop because it’s a bit expensive.
21. George has offered ….to take…… (take) the dog for a walk while I’m busy with the chores.
22. They are tired of ….living…. (live) in the dirty, noisy city, so they’ve decided to move to the countryside.
23. Danny wants …..to become…….. (become) an astronaut when he grows up.
24. I don’t remember ……turning……… (turn) off the lights upstairs. Can you please check?
25. Mark’s parents never let him …….stay…….. (stay) out late on weeknights.
26. John has been working all morning, but he’s stopped ……to have……… (have) some lunch.
27. Why don’t we leave a bit later tomorrow? I can’t stand …..waking………. (wake) up early!
28. Sarah made her sister …….promise……… (promise) never to take her things again.
29. You must ………tidy…… (tidy) up your own room. I’m not your slave, you know!
D. Use too or enough and the words in brackets to complete the sentences.
30. The park is ……close enough…….. (close) to walk to from here.
31. Tom is …..too forgetful…….. (forgetful) to remember that he has an appointment with the dentist; you’d better remind him.
32. One thing that I don’t like about this area is that it’s …. too noisy……. (noisy).
33. James doesn’t like the cottage his parents want to rent for the summer because he doesn’t find it …… modern enough…….. (modern).
34. Did you get …… enough sleep…….. (sleep) last night? You seem tired.
35. Christine is …… too busy…….. (busy) to babysit for Timmy tonight; she has a lot of homework for tomorrow.
36. Our living room isn’t ….. big enough…… (big) for this sofa; we need to get a smaller one.
E Complete the exchanges using the phrases below. There is one extra phrase.
37 A: I’m so sorry I broke your CD player.
B: • Don’t worry about it.
38 A: I promise that I will never leave the kitchen in such a mess again.
B: • I hope not.
39 A: Mark! Stop playing the music so loudly!
B: • Sorry! I didn’t realise it annoyed you.
40 A: Peter never tidies his room. He always expects me to do it.
B: • That’s not very nice.
41 A: Joe, come here right now!
B: • What have I done now?
F Read the text and match the headings (A-F) the paragraphs (42-46). There is one heading you do not need to use.
42 F. TINY HOUSES
How would you feel about living in a house that was only 2.6m long by 2.6m wide by 2.6m high? Well, in Europe some people are doing just that. Micro compact (‘m-ch’) homes are very small homes that are no bigger than the size of a small room!
43 A. A CREATIVE USE OF SPACE
So how do you fit not just a sleeping and living area, but also a study and bathing area into a space that is only 2.6m3? Well, in m-ch homes, each area has more than one uses, because you can change the place of the seats, beds and kitchen appliances. So, the dining area (which is also the study area) becomes a sleeping space by sliding the dining table into a wall. And the entrance way doubles as a bathroom — the front door becomes the shower door!
44 D. THE ANSWER TO A PROBLEM
The company that makes these tiny homes says that they designed them to solve the difficulty many Europeans have in getting their own home. Too many people cannot afford accommodation in Europe and these low-cost homes are perfect for someone who wants a place where they can live for a short time.
45 E. PERFECT FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
The first people to try living in m-ch homes were university students. Students love them because although small, they are very modem with flatscreen TVs and comfortable furniture.
46 В. NOT FOR MESSY PEOPLE
So what’s ‘micro living’ like? Well, you have to be a very neat, tidy and organised person, because in order to do one thing, you have to first finish another and put everything away. Also, the lack of space means you can’t have many personal items. But if you want a cheap, cosy, modern space that you can call your own, a micro home may be for you!
G You will hear an interview between Adam Wilkins, a science teacher and The Science Hour programme host, Jeremy Jenkins. Listen and mark statements 47-50 as True, False, or Not stated.
47 The world’s population increases by half a billion every year. A True В False C Not stated
48 People destroy forests to build factories. A True В False C Not stated
49 Many people do not realise the size of the damage we cause to the environment. A True В False C Not stated
50 Water pollution is one of the biggest threats to habitats. A True В False C Not stated
Вы смотрели: Spotlight Test 2 (Module 2) + KEY to test — цитаты Теста № 2 с ответами из сборника контрольных заданий УМК по английскому языку серии «Английский в фокусе» для учащихся 9 класса общеобразовательных организаций. Авторы: Ю.Е. Ваулина и др.